Monday 31 October 2011

Asha enters Guinness Records for most single studio recordings


 Another recognition for India's Legendary Indian playback singer Asha Bhosle.She has entered the Guinness World Records for the most number of single studio recordings. Asha has recorded up to 11,000 solo, duets and chorus backed songs ,yielding guinness recognition ,added another feather to her cap.

guiness record for asha bhosle indian singer
Guinness Book of World Records officially acknowledged Bhosle as the most recorded artist in the history of music. She was awarded a certificate for "the most studio recordings (singles) for recording up to 11,000 solo, duet and chorus-backed songs and in over 20 Indian languages since 1947.

Renowned for her voice range and often credited for her versatility,Bhosle's work includes film music, pop, ghazals, bhajans, traditional Indian classical music, folk songs, qawwalis, and Rabindra Sangeets. Apart from Hindi, she has sung in over 20 Indian and foreign language.

The 78-year-old was conferred with the Guinness honour at the Asian awards function held in London .She said with overwhelming joy 'Now I feel I am a recognised singer in the world. I thank my fans and hope they will continue to love me. I wish they will appreciate my acting skills as much as they enjoyed my songs'.


0 comments:

Post a Comment